Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Thursday, August 23, 2012

TGIFF Flimsy Alert! - Quiet Rebellion on the Pond

One last UFO significantly advanced on its way to being completely shot down! 

"Quiet Rebellion on the Pond" is now a full-fledged flimsy.


All those geese tried mighty hard to fly away!

I know *exactly* how I want to quilt this, but I don't have the capacity at the moment. Hopefully I can get it on a longarmer's wait list soon.  :)

Considering we had to sell a home and then moved across the country, I'm feeling really great about how many large-quilt projects were brought to flimsy stage before my semester started up.



Tomorrow just after 11am, this flimsy's photo op site will be the northern boundary of my neighborhood!! 

And today, Scott and I have been married for 23 years!!!!! We didn't even realize it is our anniversary until we were halfway to the interstate to take Devon's stuff back up to school (90 minutes away). We high-5'd each other across the truck, figuring a new home was a most excellent anniversary gift!





So Devi is now happily ensconced in Buckingham Palace . . .  


er . . . Hall.



With this beauty right outside her building.



And doing exciting things already, like driving a ZAMBONI!  How cool is that?! (She's working at the university's ice rink this year.)


~*~*~


Check out what the others are whooping it up about at Whoop! Whoop!Richard and Tanya's place, and TGIFF.

17 comments:

  1. Great job on another finish! Quiet Rebellion on the Pond is simply gorgeous! I love flying geese borders, especially with lots of color. The inner border will be a great place for some really cool quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on another completion! I do love those geese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another finish! And a house is a great anniversary present, IMHO. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and tackling yet another UFO. Those geese are so much fun. And that's a pretty cool job your daughter has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely--and how great is it that you know how you want it quilted (that always hangs me up)! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely--and how great is it that you know how you want it quilted (that always hangs me up)! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice quilt! love the colors! thanks for sharing!
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary. We celebrate 40 years this year! Also think it's cute that Devi is now settled in Buckingham Hall. We have a building close to work that is a share house and is called Buckingham House and I have often been tempted to do a blog about it.
    Hope you are settling into your new surroundings after your dramatic move! It certainly looks like an exciting part of the world.
    And I love the colours of your quilt. Good luck with the finishing off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt is beautiful.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful flimsy, Lyn!! I love those geese - and the picture is perfect, because it does look like they are trying to fly away!! Happy anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful finish - thank you so much for linking it up to TGIFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, nice quilt top. I love those greens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely quilt top! Looking forward to seeing it quilted :) It looks gorgeous already. Hopped over from Confessions of a fabric addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt, so great to land another UFO!
    Good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the anniversary! Gorgeous quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary, and enjoy your new home. Love that big quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.