Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, November 11, 2012

BOMs Away Monday - 12 Nov '12 - Yeah! Getting there!


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to my Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

(We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.)


First of all, Thank You to my husband, his brother, and all our friends and extended family who are serving or have served in our armed forces. I hope you're having a great Veteran's Day weekend!!


My hubby's last deployment was at Camp Alamo in Afghanistan

Love this shot of him, but it sure gave me mixed feelings!!  lol



This was a super happy BOM week. :D

Got the LAST character block fused. "Decked Out for the Holly-Days" turned out a lot cuter in real life than I thought it was going to be.



Did up the snowflake filler block yesterday and sewed the quilt center together this morning!



Now I just need to do the patchwork border. That's good, because I've passed my tolerance level for time spent on a given project.   ;D  heh!


~*~*~*~*~

What have you guys done on BOMs or interval projects lately? Weeklies are welcome along with regular projects that you’ve broken into monthly units, and –of course- true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there. :D

12 comments:

  1. You have a whole trail of military in your family like I do....what awesome men...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Veteran's day to your family! That is a sweet shot of your hubby, but I know what you mean by mixed emotions. :)
    PS- Your Christmas quilt is fabulous!! I love the "Decked Out" block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your husband's service and your's too! So hard to have your family separated under such trying times. Love the progress on your McKenna Ryan quilt. I love her designs but find the quilting part so challenging! You are pretty darn close to that point it looks like. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love your husband's picture. Mine has so many like that. Why do they even show those to us?? The Christmas BOM looks awesome - love all those characters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be a mckenna ryan deaign?! You've done a great job of it. That photo of your husband is scary! You're both so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really feels good to finish up a project doesn't it? Even getting the center together feels like a finish to me :*) And please add my thanks to the service people in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, that McKenna Ryan Christmas quilt is gorgeous!

    Your husband is so brave. I can imagine you have mixed feelings about that picture of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are coming along fabulously on this quilt! LOVE it!

    A great big THANK YOU to your husband for his dedicated service to our country! I have a military family too - I appreciate the sacrifices he makes for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of your hubby! Love your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to your husband for his service. And your quilt is looking wonderful! Your idea of the turntable on the coffee table is a great one... thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo would have made me nervous too! Your quilt is coming together very nicely. Intricate as always:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.