Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, November 3, 2013

BOMs Away - Something New!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg


Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.
 
 
It's supposed to be a Kelly-BOM week, but the only piece of reproduction yardage I have will not work for the borders of her tops, and I'm waiting for the fabric order I put in to finish these quilt tops. I felt that was an acceptable purchase to make despite my fabric diet for the year. I *might* just be able to finish one of these in time to gift it to someone in her family at Christmas.
 
So in the meantime, I went into the Deep Storage and pulled a seasonal BOM that's been there since - are you ready??? - 2000!!
 
 
 
 
How could that happen? Well, thinking back, that's the year we started homeschooling, so I had two bright kids - 3rd and 1st grade - to coordinate all their academics, we were extremely active in competitive sports and concert piano music lessons (which is what prompted the homeschooling to start with), and we had horses. On top of that, Scott was deployed to Korea unaccompanied for a year, so all quilting activities flew right out the window. I did keep buying the BOM packets each month, but only the first one ever got done.
 
So I had a bootbox full of 11 unopened packets, 3 star blocks, one small portion of the holly swag on the top row, a baggie of fabric scraps from month 1, and a baggie of the ribbon piece from month 1. (I will wait until that row is fully pieced and then do the whole ribbon at once.)
 
 
 
 
Thanks to a 5am boinked-awake brain and the intentional Time Change Sleep In plans of the other family members, I got a good block of sewing time today. So I did months 2 AND 3 this morning.  :)
 
And I have this much of a quilt top so far. 
 
 
 
 
I have to say, this is the BEST written BOM pattern I have ever encountered. It is so easy to follow. Which is nice, because the duo of tops I've been finishing for Kelly on these First Sundays is the WORST written pattern I've had to decipher. Very cool concept and lots of super neat historical material coordinated with each month, but man was it time-consuming and confusing to figure out the cutting directions.
 
So, what BOM work have you been able to get finished lately?
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 Any projects broken into weekly or monthly units are welcome in addition to true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.

9 comments:

  1. I made that same quilt but I am happy to say it is not a UFO! I have enough of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Boo to missing the time change! The colors in this quilt are very similar to Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery coming up! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all of the Jo-Ann's BOMs, I like that one best. You were just saving the best for later, Lyn! Coming along beautifully already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I get the pattern? Is it online?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have made a lot of progress already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see you tackling even more of your stashed projects! I can't believe how many you've bought, but I admire your dedication to making everything. Keep up the wonderful progress. I'm sorry to say that my own life is out of control at the moment, so I'm not getting to the sewing machine. A house guest, health concerns, and travel plans do not make for sewing time. And before I know it, the holidays will be here. Where's the relaxing that retirement is supposed to be?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have achieved so much in so short a time. That's a morning of work you certainly have something to show for. It also shows the difference made by seasons in life to our activity levels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next month is the final for my current BOM. Not sure if I will do it again next year, have to wait and see if I fall for the 2014 quilt!
    It must be great to haul out a UFO & get it going, I hate UFO's, I am UFO aversive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That will be a wonderful finish for you! Its going nicely :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.