Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, August 6, 2017

BOMs Away - Let's dig our way up out of this Rabbit Hole!


Welcome to the link-up for BOMs Away Mondays!
Where we share what we're doing on a BOM-type project 
so they don't stall out in UFO-land!
(Linky at the bottom.)

I found my craft iron again! Although, I could swear in court it was not where I finally found it two days ago when I was searching for it three months ago to work on all those little leaves for Part 3 of "Down the Rabbit Hole". So now my BOM goal is to get this one caught up to Sarah Fielke's schedule by Halloween.

Today I managed to get right at 2/3 of those finicky little buggars prepped and stitched down:


All these leaves are reinforcing mightily that the freezer paper method is not my favorite applique process. I almost always highly prefer back-basting, but this is the approach that works best in this particular task, so I can move them all around a lot before machine stitching. 

I had to run to the grocery store for more freezer paper to start on these - stood in the aisle looking up at the shelf and said out loud, "Oh, cool!" when I saw the printing on the boxes:



What can I say? Little things make my day.

:D

~*~*~

How are things going on your end? Did you work on your BOMs recently?

Kate is literally in the process of moving cross-country right now, 
so we're going to completely understand if the link doesn't go up on her end 


4 comments:

  1. My word that block looks intricate. Believe it or not here in NZ we can't buy freezer paper at the supermarket. Only some quilt stores or online overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....Down the rabbit hole is gorgeous. Looks overwhelming though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those buggars are real beauties. I am looking forward to the finished project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that IS really cool. I guess they know that most of us buy it for appliqué instead of cooking, huh? lol Down the Rabbit Hole is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.